This statement, drafted in accordance with the principle of transparency and of all elements and principles required by the GDPR, is divided in several sections each of which concerns a specific topic, so as to be read and understood easily and quickly (“the Statement” in the following).
The data controller (“The Controller” in the following) is Società Italiana Brevetti s.p.a. with offices in Rome Piazza di Pietra, 39, tel.: +39 06-695441, fax: +39 06 69544810, e- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
The legal basis of the processing of your Personal Data are:
- the consent you have given for one or more specific purposes;
- the performance of a contract and/or the execution of pre-contractual measures;
- the compliance with a legal obligation to which the Controller is subject;
- the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Controller;
It will nonetheless always be possible to request the Firm to state the concrete legal basis of each processing, and in particular to state whether processing is based on provisions of law, on a contract or necessary for the conclusion of a contract.
PURPOSES OF PROCESSING
Your Personal Data will be processed for the following purposes:
- correct and complete execution of the professional assignment received;
- joining a newsletter mailing list;
- management of CVs used for the sole purpose of answering requests that we receive;
- fulfilling legal, administrative or accounting obligations.
Moreover, your Personal Data will be processed for the purpose of:
a) sending information, commercial offers, advertising and promotional materials concerning our services (also through automated means by e-mail, text messages, mail, telephone calls etc.) relevant to the services the Firm provides;
b) Disclosure to third parties outside the Firm.
The transfer of your data is necessary to achieve the purposes under point 1).
Failure to transfer in whole or in part will make it impossible for the Firm to supply the requested services.
Consent to processing your data for the purposes of point 2) is optional, but refusal will make it impossible to send commercial messages.
In any case and as further detailed below, you will always be able to revoke consent, in whole or in part.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
Your Personal Data will be processed exclusively by persons authorised for processing and by persons designated as Controllers and/or authorised persons in line with GDPR provisions, for the purpose of carrying out all processing activities necessary to achieve the purposes detailed in this Statement. Your Personal Data may be disclosed to public entities or to the judicial authority if required by law or to prevent or punish a crime, and in any case to:
- the Firm’s consultants and professionals;
- private and public entities competent for the protection of the intellectual property which is the object of the assignment;
- consultants, credit institutions, debt recovery agencies, etc.
The Personal Data of minors with less than 16 years of age will not be processed by the Controller unless specifically authorised by the holder of parental responsibility.
PERIOD OF STORAGE
Your Personal Data will be stored for the time necessary to achieve the purposes under point 1). In particular, your Personal Data will be processed for the minimum necessary period, meaning until the contractual relationship with the Controller is ended, save for a further storage period that may be imposed by provisions of law.
Moreover, should you decide to grant optional consent for the marketing purposes described above, your data will be stored, unless consent is revoked, for a period of time no longer than the one necessary for achieving the purposes.
Data will be stored longer should the need arise to manage complaints or disputes.
REVOCATION OF CONSENT
You have the right to revoke the consent you have given at any time, in whole or in part. This will have no effect on the lawfulness of the processing based on consent given before revocation. To revoke consent it is sufficient to contact the Controller at the addresses shown in this statement.
TRANSFER OF DATA ABROAD
Your Personal Data will be processed by the Controller within the territory of the European Union.
If for technical and/or operational reasons, or for the execution of the contract, the need arises to make use of subjects outside the European Union, we pre-emptively advise you that such subjects will be appointed Controllers and the transfer of your Personal Data to such subjects, exclusively for performing specific processing activities, will be regulated by GDPR provisions.
All necessary precautions will be taken to guarantee the total protection of Personal Data, basing the transfer on the evaluation of appropriate safeguards including, for instance, adequacy decisions of the European Commission on recipient third countries, appropriate safeguards expressed by the recipient third party and in any case in compliance with Articles 44-49 GDPR.
In any case you may request further details from the Controller if your Personal data have been processed outside the European Union, asking for evidence of the specific safeguards adopted.
RIGHTS OF THE DATA SUBJECT
Please be aware that you may exercise all your rights under the GDPR, and in particular you may obtain:
- confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you are being processed and, where that is the case, access to the Personal Data and to the following information (purposes of processing, categories of Personal Data, recipients and/or categories of recipients to which data have been and/or will be disclosed, period for which the data will be stored);
- rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you and/or completion of incomplete Personal Data, including by means of providing a supplementary statement;
- erasure of Personal data, in the cases provided for by the GDPR;
- restriction of processing in the cases provided for under privacy laws in force;
- the portability of data concerning you, and in particular request the Personal Data concerning you which you have provided to the Controller and /or request the direct transfer of those data to another controller.
- the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to processing of Personal Data concerning you in full compliance with privacy laws in force, also for marketing purposes.
You may exercise your rights by contacting us at the email address email@example.com and attaching a copy of an identity document.
In any case you will always hold the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali) under Article 77 GDPR, should you believe that the processing of your data is contrary to privacy laws in force.
For more information about cookies, including how to find out which cookies have been set and how to manage and remove them, visit https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie, www.allaboutcookies.org or www.aboutcookies.org.
SIB – Società Italiana Brevetti S.p.A. uses analytical cookies (Google Analytics) to collect information, only in aggregate form, concerning use of the site by visitors (number of visitors, page views, time spent, geographic areas of origin, tools used, etc.). Google Analytics is set so that your IP address is anonymised, and that the information collected is used for statistical purposes and no other.
Additional information about third-party cookies used by SIB – Società Italiana Brevetti S.p.A.
Find more information about Google cookies here: http://www.google.com/intl/en-GB/policies/technologies/cookies/
Information about Google Analytics can be found here: http://www.google.com/intl/eng/analytics/learn/privacy.html
SIB – Società Italiana Brevetti S.p.A. is not liable for subsequent amendments and additions to the information of third party cookies or for the changes in their operating modes, since the third party processing the data is an autonomous entity different from SIB – Società Italiana Brevetti S.p.A.
How to manage your cookie preferences
You can change your cookie preferences and choices at any time, both for the web site of SIB – Società Italiana Brevetti S.p.A. and for any other site you visit, by changing your browser’s settings.
The instructions of major browsers on how to manage cookie preferences can be accessed here:
Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies
Updated May 2018 – 1.1 Version