“Intellectual Property as a tool to protect innovation” is the topic of the webinar to be held on 28 October 2020 at 12 pm (EDT), 5 pm (CET) by our European patent attorney Valentina Predazzi, PhD and by Paul Calvo, PhD and Director at Sterne, Kessler, Goldstein & Fox P.L.L.C. in Washington.
Often enough inventors miss the opportunity to protect their inventions for lack of guidance concerning the proper steps to be taken at the outset of a discovery process.
Understanding the power of intellectual property can help researchers navigate the problems and pitfalls of protecting their innovation.
This is especially important in life sciences and biomedical research, where development products must undergo the lengthy process of regulatory approval.
Moderated by Ugo Della Croce, PhD and Science Attaché at the Embassy of Italy in Washington, DC, the webinar will cover:
- Why it is important to protect inventions
- The types of intellectual property rights, with a focus on patents
- What is patentable and what are the types of patents
- Legal requirements for first filing
- National, international, and regional patent applications
- Importance of record keeping, for example laboratory notebooks
- Balancing the need to publish with the generation of patent protection
- Process of technology commercialization.
Language of the webinar: English
Sign up for the webinar here.